Varicose veins are twisted, enlarged veins that run under the surface of the skin. They should be treated in the early stages, else they can lead to blood clots that can travel to the lungs, which can be life threatening. If you have these veins, you can try out some simple yoga asanas.
Found in blue or purple colour, they generally occur in the legs. However, they can also occur in womb, vagina, rectum etc.
People suffering from varicose veins can perform some yoga asanas to treat them.
It is widely known yoga posture to cure varicose veins. It also helps in curing various conditions like tension, fear, bad memory etc.
- Firstly, kneel down on floor or mat
- Lean forward and touch the ground with palms, interlock fingers
- Bend down and place your head on the interlocked fingers
- Place the tips of toes firmly on floor and lift your knees in such a way that you position yourself upside down
- Inhale and maintain this position till you can hold your breath. When you feel uncomfortable, exhale, retrace the steps and relax on your back
- Repeat it three-four times a day
This posture treats varicose veins and increases the patience and awareness of the person.
- Stand straight with palms facing the side of the thighs
- Lift your hands and place them in such a way that the fingers point upwards
- Slowly raise your body and balance your body weight on toes
- While coming back to the normal position, let your heels touch the ground first
- Bring your hands down
- Repeat it two-three times a day
This asana cures varicose veins; it also treats various intestinal disorders. It cures obesity and chronic constipation too.
- Lie on your back on floor or mat
- Raise your trunk, hips and legs while supporting your back with hands. Let your elbows touch the ground. Let the chin touch chest
- Don’t allow your body to shake while holding this position
- Slowly release your body and let your legs touch the ground
- Hold your breath for as long as you can and exhale
- Repeat it three-five times a day
While doing this asana, blood is rushed to the thighs, shoulders, waist, back, hips and neck. Since padahastasana regulates blood circulation, it is one best yoga techniques to treat varicose veins.
- Stand straight and bend forward
- Let your fingers touch your feet
- Bend more and let your palms touch the floor with fingers pointing outwards
- Let your head be as close to the knees
- Retain this position for five minutes or more time based on your comfort levels
- Inhale and stand straight
- Practice this three times a day
This asana helps in preventing varicose veins. It also helps in loosening the joints present in the knee and hips.
- Lie on your back and place your arms beside your body
- While inhaling, lift your legs to 90° angle from the floor
- Let your knees touch the stomach
- Then try to touch knee with nose tip. Hold this position for at least 30 seconds
- Exhale and come back to the original position
- Practice this three to five times a day
Ask your doctor to know if you are fit to do the above yoga asanas.
If you have varicose veins, perform these asanas and get relief from them. For more information, Consult a Doctor for Varicose Veins Treatment in Hyderabad, Dr. Abhilash Sandhyala now!