Do you suffer from burning or itching sensation in your legs? You might be having signs of varicose veins! Varicose veins can be quite painful overtime. They might occur in legs or any part of your body. You know what? You can treat varicose veins at home. How? Read on for more insights…
What are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are swollen, twisted veins that you can see just under the surface of the skin. Varicose veins can occur anywhere on your legs; from groin to thighs! That’s because standing and walking puts pressure in the veins of your lower body. However varicoseveins can occur anywhere on your body. You can treat your varicose veins by self-care measures or procedures suggested by your doctor. Any day it’s better to opt for self-care measures, than putting some extra bucks and going under the needle!
Varicose veins can be quietly painful overtime. It can cause discomfort. Hence good care should be taken to keep varicose veins at bay!
Varicose veins appear in bluish–purple or red color. They can cause a burning or itching sensation. There can be mild swelling, muscle cramps at night and you might have dry and thin skin. You can also experience serious symptoms like brownish discoloration of skin, ulcers etc
Treat Your Varicose Veins at Home
You can treat varicose veins at home itself! Home treatment can relive your pain by slowing down the progress of varicose veins and prevent complications like sores, bleeding etc. If you treat your varicose veins at home, you might as well avoid needles and surgeries!
One of the common home remedies to reduce your pain is the usage of compression stockings.
Compression Stockings for Varicose Veins Treatment
When you wear compression stockings, it will squeeze your leg, which in-turn will reduce the amount of blood pressure in the veins. Compression stockings come in various styles, brands and colors.
Older or obese people show difficulty in wearing compression stockings. They should hence where it in a standing position. Overtime the compression stockings lose their elasticity and may become lose and ineffective. For this reason, compression stockings should be replaced at regular intervals.
Other self-care measures include:
- Lack of movement: You should not continuously sit or stand at a stretch for long periods. When you are sitting then make it a point to get up and take small walk for every 30 minutes. Similarly when you are standing, try to shift your body weight from one leg to another led at regular intervals.
- Don’t cross your legs while sitting: Never sit with crossed legs because it might increase your circulation problems.
- Elevate your legs: You should always elevate your legs while sitting or standing. This helps in improving circulation.
- Clothing: You should opt for loose clothing around your waist, groin or legs. Tight clothes can cut off your blood flow.
- Keep an eye on your diet: You should consume all the nutrients in correct amounts. Binging on fried food won’t do any good for your veins!
- Exercise: You should remove 30 minutes for exercise daily. Exercise helps you to come out of your routine chores. Exercise helps you to stretch your muscles and it improves circulation of blood.
Hence practice all the home remedies to reduce varicose veins or varicose veins treatment in hyderabad with Vascular Specialist Dr. Abhilash Sandhyala, since varicose veins can be quite painful!