Do you experience burning or itching sensation in your legs? You might be suffering from varicose veins! Varicose veins are swollen and twisted veins just under the surface of the skin. When left untreated, varicose veins can lead to many serious complications. Hence get your varicose veins treated now! Read on for more insights…
What are varicose veins?
Varicose Veins occur when your veins become over filled with blood due to which they appear to be swollen and twisted just under the surface of the skin. Varicose veins usually occur in legs, they can extend anywhere from groin to thigh. However they can occur anywhere in your body.
Varicose veins can be quite painful and give bluish-purple or red coloration. They should not be left untreated because they might lead to major complications.
What happens if you neglect varicose veins?
If varicose veins are not treated on time it might lead to various serious diseases like Telangiectasias, Deep Vein Thrombosis etc.
Varicose veins may cause serious problems to men because it is a common cause of low sperm production which leads to infertility. It leads to blood clots which when left untreated, may travel to the lungs. Now that’s shocking, isn’t it?
Varicose Veins Treatment Procedure?
Varicose veins can be basically treated by bringing changes in lifestyle and surgical procedures. Your doctor will recommend the type of treatment you should undergo based on the following criteria:
- Extent of your condition
- Expectations for the course of condition
- Your age, health and medical history also play an important role.
- Your symptoms
Lifestyle changes are the first and foremost solution for your varicose veins. You should avoid standing or sitting for long periods. Don’t wear tight clothes and don’t wear high heels for long periods.
The medical procedures include the following:
- Sclerotherapy: A chemical substance is injected into your varicose veins to damage the scar inside the lining of your vein to close your vein. This method is opted to treat small veins.
- Laser surgeries: In this method, your doctor will send small bursts of light onto the vein, by which the vein will slowly fade and disappear. This process doesn’t need incisions or needles.
- Endovenous laser treatment: In this method, your doctor will send laser energy into your varicose vein and will seal that vein, so that blood gets re-directed to the healthy veins.
- Endoscopic vein surgery: Your doctor will recommend this method if your varicose veins are causing skin ulcers. In this method, your doctor will insert a tiny tube that has a tiny camera and a surgical device that are attached to it in your skin and treat the ulcer.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy: In this method, your doctor will make small cuts to treat the small varicose veins that are closer to your skin surface.
- Vein stripping and ligation: In this method, the veins are tied shut and removed through small cuts in your skin. It’s carried out for severe cases of varicose veins.
If you leave varicose veins untreated for long time, you might need to go for Vein Stripping and Ligation that has many harmful side effects like bruising, infection ,pain, damaged nerves, deep vein thrombosis etc. Hence, go for varicose veins treatment by consulting Vascular Surgeon in Hyderabad Dr. Abhilash Sandhyala in its early stage itself; since ignorance can prove you costly!