vascular surgeon for varicose veins

You have Varicose Veins? When should you consult a Specialist?

Do you experience burning or itching sensation in your veins? You might be suffering from varicose veins! Varicose veins are swollen, twisted veins that can be quiet painful. If it is not possible to treat varicose veins by yourselves, then you should consult a doctor now! Read on for more insights…

Firstly, what are Varicose Veins?

Varicose veins are swollen, twisted veins that you can see just under the surface of your skin. Varicose veins can occur anywhere in your legs from groin to thighs. However they may occur on other parts of your body.

Varicose veins can be quite painful and hence adequate care should be taken to prevent them.

Do you have Varicose Veins?

Varicose veins appear in bluish-purple or red coloration. They show symptoms like itchy and burning skin. There can be mild swelling. Your skin can become dry and thin. You might experience muscle cramps at night, you might also experience tingling, vibrating sensations in your legs because of varicose veins.

Major symptoms include brownish discoloration of skin, often with swelling. You know what? You might also get skin ulcers because of varicose veins. Now, that’s bad. It can be quite painful that way, right? Stretching or scaling of your skin might also occur when you suffer from varicose veins. A blood clot and inflammation can occur in a small vein near the surface of your skin. Now, that’s horrible! Isn’t it?

Varicose veins can be painful. Watch out!

When Should you Consult a Varicose Veins Specialist?

Varicose veins are normal. They cause a few symptoms here and there. If you experience minor symptoms then your doctor might simply suggest you to go make some lifestyle changes. Varicose veins generally get worse over the years. This happens even if you make changes in your lifestyle to manage them and reduce your pain.

When you yourself feel you have varicose veins and you want to get it treated right away, don’t get fooled by advertisements that claim to be “painless”. You should consult your doctor before taking any major steps relating to your health. Your health is precious! Take good care!

You can put on compression stockings if you experience pain because of varicose veins, but if this also doesn’t help, then it’s time to consult a doctor.

There are some major symptoms of varicose veins. If you experience any of the following symptoms you should consult your doctor immediately:

  • Your vein has become red and swollen. It is very tender or warm when you touch.
  • If the skin on your ankle or calf has become thick and color changes
  • Your leg symptoms are interfering with your daily activities.
  • You have sores or a rash on the leg or near the ankle
  • If one of your varicose veins starts to bleed, then consult doctor immediately.

Whom to Consult for Varicose Veins?
For the diagnosis of varicose veins you should consult:

  • Internists
  • Family medicine doctors
  • General practitioners

For a minimally invasive procedure you will need the following:

  • Interventional radiologist (Vascular Surgeon)
  • Dermatologist
  • Plastic surgeon
  • Other doctors with experience in varicose veins treatment.

Hence to cure varicose veins consult Varicose Veins Surgeon in Hyderabad Dr. Abhilash Sandhyala now, because negligence can prove to be costly!